Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life on the road

Last week I went on a short mini tour with the band! Often times people tend to over glamorize life on the road.  Don't get me wrong, we meet amazing people, get to see this beautiful country and experience things I never thought I would.  But at this stage in the band one night we could be staying  in a 5 star hotel and the next night could be sleeping in our 15 passenger van in a wal-mart parking lot. Spending weeks on end with 5 boys in a small space is not always the easiest of times for a girlie, I do have to say though that being the only girl with five brothers in my family was great training.  Despite its crazy ups and downs it is whole lotta fun! Last week we journeyed down to Kansas, Iowa, and the Nebraska area, here a few pics from that little adventure.
 
We had a chance to stop and stay in Omaha and see Jonnys Family! LOVE them!!! Our little cousin Josi made us all wear crowns made out of leaves and sticks. lots of fun until I found a caterpillar in my hair, leaf and stick crowns not so fun and magical after that. 

The caterpillar became Josi's new bestie!

Lots of driving, and some small town stops for some eats, thats not yellow gatorade btw, thats a product of to much water and not being able to stop! gross I know! but true!

Sound check at a collage festival they played in Kansas!
 me doing what I do at shows, run the merch table! Typical, I know! Jonny doing what he does at shows, drums.

The bed we slept in that night, yes it was a twin and yes it was in a house occupied by 9 collage men! but I was thankful for our own room, (that was clean!) a bed and any excuse to be close to my man i'll take it! 

We started off this week finding out that Supernova Sunrise is #1 again on the charts this week! So cool! We feel so blessed!  





No comments:

Post a Comment